We carefully choose the certified HVAC specialists at Dilling Heating & Cooling for their skills and knowledge. We can help you with all of your air conditioning needs. Whether you need to size a new system or repair an older unit, we make sure to give every detail the focus it deserves. At every stage of the process, you can depend on our commitment to quality service and durable workmanship.
For AC help in Gastonia and the surrounding communities, call 704-739-3446 or contact Dilling Heating & Cooling online today.
Air Conditioner Installation and Replacement
Proper installation is essential for efficient and effective cooling within your home. Our team ensures that the site is properly prepared and that we follow all manufacturer recommendations during the installation process. A properly installed and maintained air conditioner will deliver reliable cooling for 15-20 years. When the time comes that repairs are no longer an option, we will remove the old unit and replace it with a newer, more energy-efficient model.
Our installation services include:
- Correctly sizing the new air conditioner
- Preparation of installation site
- Connection of all hoses, ducts, and electrical systems
- Testing system for operation
- Zoning the home for optimum efficiency
Schedule installation of a new A/C unit in Gastonia or Kings Mountain – call 704-739-3446 or contact Dilling Heating & Cooling online today.
Air Conditioner Repair Services
Air conditioning systems are mechanical units that can suffer damage from windstorms, hail, and the mere passage of time. Our certified HVAC technicians are masters at quickly identifying the problem and performing the necessary repairs. Whether it is a leaky hose, a frozen coil, or a busted motor, our technicians will thoroughly inspect the air conditioner for the root cause of the problem before conducting any repair.
Our air conditioner repair services include the following and more:
- Filter replacement
- Refilling refrigerant
- Repairing damaged refrigerant coils
- Draining old refrigerant
- Repairing blown breakers or fuses
- Replacing damaged condenser or evaporator coils
- Compressor replacement
- Replacing damaged fan blades
- Thermostat repair or replacement
- Clearing clogged drains
Schedule A/C repair in Gastonia, Belmont, or Kings Mountain – call 704-739-3446 or contact Dilling Heating & Cooling online today.
Common AC Repair Issues
Air conditioner problems can appear gradually or out of the blue. When they happen, it’s necessary to identify the problem and perform the appropriate repair promptly. Here in North Carolina, the following are some of the most common issues we encounter:
- Low Refrigerant – Leaks usually cause low refrigerant in the system, and it can prevent the unit from properly cooling the air.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils – Frozen coils are often caused by insufficient airflow, which causes condensation to form and freeze over on the coils.
- Dirty Condenser Coils – Dirty coils reduce the unit’s ability to transfer heat. This diminishes efficiency and is usually easy to fix with a quick cleaning.
- Cooling Fan Damage – Falling branches, lawn mowers, baseballs, and more can damage cooling fans. Damaged fans can break and damage other components.
- Thermostat Failure – Thermostat failure can occur because of electrical faults or computer errors. This can result in loss of control over your air conditioner unit.
- Clogged Drains – Most drain clogs are the result of leaves and other debris. Removing the clog will ensure proper drainage around the unit.
- Dirty Air Filters – Dirty air filters reduce airflow, thus reducing energy efficiency and the ability of the unit to cool your home effectively.
Emergency Air Conditioning Services
Sometimes you can wait when you’re noticing air conditioning problems, but if the temperature outside is particularly hot, or you’re dealing with a system that is completely shut down, waiting is not an option. That’s why Dilling Heating & Cooling offers air conditioning repair services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Our technicians are standing by for your emergency repair needs, so don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Call for emergency A/C repair service in Gastonia – call 704-739-3446 day or night.
AC Maintenance Services
Proper air conditioner maintenance is essential. It protects your unit from damage, preserves energy efficiency, and ensures compliance with manufacturers’ warranties.
Our technicians perform the following maintenance services and more:
- Replacing air filters
- Cleaning condenser coils
- Cleaning evaporator coils
- Clearing the condensate drain
- Testing and repairing loose electrical connections
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Adding refrigerant as needed
- Inspecting fan blades for damage
AC Repair vs. AC Replacement
A properly maintained AC unit will deliver reliable operation for 10-15 years. The older the air conditioner, the more likely problems will develop and efficiency will diminish. The following are signs that the cost of repair may exceed the cost of replacement.
- Component replacements are common. Last year it was the solenoid, this year it’s the compressor. Next year?
- Efficiency is gone. You’ll notice this when your energy bills are rising without any changes to usage.
- It’s not cooling anymore. Whether it’s refrigerant or compressors, when the AC ceases to function properly it’s time for a replacement.
Types of Air Conditioners
We offer central air conditioning, which delivers cool, clean air throughout the home. It is highly effective at maintaining indoor air quality and comfort all summer long.
Heat pumps are a popular choice, as well. Heat pumps offer both heating and cooling capability and are among the most reliable, cost-effective, and energy-efficient solutions available.
We also offer ductless air conditioners/mini-splits. These economical units deliver energy-efficient operation and make it a breeze to zone your home for optimal comfort.
AC Replacement Costs
There is a wide range of air conditioning options to choose from. Cost depends on the type of system, brand, capacity, installation requirements, labor, and any available rebates. Our certified HVAC technicians will help you determine the best, most cost-effective solution for your needs.
Call for an AC replacement estimate from Dilling Heating & Cooling – 704-739-3446 or contact us online.